This is a fun layout technique that uses one mat for the entire page with grooves cut into the mat for photos, titles and embellishments. The layout can use as many or as few photos as you want.
- 3 Coordinating sheets of patterned paper
- Cardstock for background
- 12" Paper Trimmer
- Title Materials
- Embellishments of choice
1. Cut 1" from the right and top sides of each sheet of patterned paper. These will be the centered mat for the layout.
2. Decide which sheet of patterned paper will be the base, middle and top. Take the sheet for the middle and tear off 1/3 of the sheet at an angle then adhere to the base sheet so one third of the base sheet is visible toward the bottom. Take the sheet for the top and tear off 2/3 of the sheet at an angle then adhere to the others so it is the top third of the set.
3. Position the mat on the cardstock but do not adhere.
4. Crop your photos then position the photos on the mat so they are off the side of the mat somewhat, as shown in the photo.
5. Using the pencil, make light marks above the photos to indicate where the groove cuts will be made. Also make marks where the corners of the groove cuts will be and where the cut will end. Do this for each photo.
6. Make the same type of marks for the grooves around the embellishments and title as shown, as desired.
7. Remove the mat from the cardstock and position it on your trimmer to make the cuts for the grooves. Watch your marks carefully so any cuts outside the groove are minimal. Once you have the cuts in the mat, it will be pretty wiggly.
8. Use scissors to snip the groove ends in the middle of the mat.
9. Flip the mat over, apply adhesive and adhere to the center of the cardstock.
10. Attach photos, embellishments, title and journaling.
11. To give the grooves a framed look, use chalk to create shadows on the cardstock.
MATERIALS LIST FOR SAMPLE:
- Cardstock: Bazzill
- Pansy Pattern Paper: Leaving Prints
- Plaid and Spotted Pattern Paper: Provo Craft
- Metallic Embellishments: Scrapyard 329
- Title Lettering:
Thin Black Letters, Me and My Big Ideas
Red, blue and green letters, Creative Memories
Metal Letters, Making Memories
- Brads: Lost Art Treasures
- Eyelets: Doodlebug
- Vellum: WorldWin Extraordinary Papers
© Copyright 2007 by Pagesoftheheart.net
Top of Page